Help us to empower people in Government/Academia/Infrastructure/Nonprofit (we call it GAIN) through communication, design and technology.
We’re looking for an experienced sales or business development professional who is familiar with the creative services sector and passionate about social change. You’ll work alongside our Business Development Associate (whose focus is on expanding our network and building relationships) to take leads and opportunities across the finish line to new contracts.
This is an opportunity for someone passionate about creative problem solving in areas that have a meaningful impact on people’s quality of life. Our work touches upon areas like public health, education, transportation, energy and climate change, government and public policy, social equity, the arts, housing, workforce development and financial empowerment.
Our offering centers around creative services in communications, design and web technology and includes branding, graphic design, content, and website and user experience design and development.
Ideal qualities and qualifications:
- Passionate about creativity and the issue areas in which we work
- Endlessly curious, especially about others’ work, a good listener
- Consultative selling style, viewing every relationship as an opportunity to understand context and identify solutions
- Thrives in independent, unstructured environment, able to break down goals and work toward outcomes without being provided step-by-step direction
- Perseverant, not easily discouraged by rejection, positive outlook
- Able to go over, around and through barriers
- Understands our business and target market and how the two fit together through our client engagements
- Thrives in a collaborative, supportive culture that puts people before product
- Aligned with our core values of creativity, process, service, accountability and communication
- Attending industry conferences and events to build new relationships
- Outreach to contacts and leads via phone, email and in-person
- Tracking all activity in CRM and other metric systems
- Participate in business development meetings and strategic planning to refine product offering
- Qualifying and estimating for new clients and projects
- Creating and delivering pitch presentations
- Writing proposals and contracts
- Managing client relationships
Metrics for success:
- Sales revenue, this will be the basis of your performance based compensation
- CRM KPIs including touches, new contacts, value of proposals in pipeline, close rate
- Excellent listening, diagnostic and consultative assessment skills
- Previous experience in either a creative agency, consultancy or one of the four GAIN sectors
- Must have sales or development experience and a demonstrated ability to generate opportunities and close contracts
- Base salary with uncapped performance based bonus structure
- 15 days of vacation in year one and 20 days thereafter plus national holidays and the week between Dec. 24 and Jan. 1
- Health benefits plan
- Collaboration with a talented, diverse, passionate and multidisciplinary team
Submit Your Resume Here!